Central Piedmont Group University is Mecklenburg County’s source for educational excellence and cultural enrichment. Central Piedmont is in near proximity to the Queen City’s strong public transportation program, experienced sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and searching outlets that bring in site visitors from Mecklenburg County and over and above. Right now, close to 40,000 pupils connect with Central Piedmont house. With 8 areas, it is a single of the largest local community schools in the Carolinas and serves people today of all ages who find a actual-environment, affordable, hands-on schooling that will renovate their life and strengthen the financial, social, and cultural natural environment of Mecklenburg County.
Central Piedmont is at the moment in search of Director of Communications in the Communications, Internet marketing and Community Relations department located on Central Campus – Sommers Making.
This position is on the communications staff in the Communications, Promoting, & Community Relations unit.
This placement serves as the key speak to for all interior and some exterior communication at the university by doing the job collaboratively with all departments and the administration to draft and assessment messages in advance of distributing them
Characteristic duties and duties:
• Researches and develops in depth guidelines for internal and external communications across all school units. Get the job done with other staff members in Communications, Advertising and marketing, & General public Relations to assess and boost the performance of higher education communications
• Coordinates with Communications, Marketing and advertising, & Community Relations as very well as other parts of the university, in the creation and implementation of a complete, strategic inside communications strategy – which includes retaining ongoing customer contacts school-huge for communications input and coordination year-spherical
• Will guide the Communications, Advertising and marketing, & General public Relations function in the creation of – and ongoing strategy and use of – a new SharePoint-dependent intranet to hold staff and college apprised of college or university information, information and updates. Resources and writes compelling, partaking, and concise Central Piedmont-similar written content and published on the intranet and also on the college’s community web page homepage news segment
• Will help the Vice President for Communications, Marketing and advertising, & General public Relations Community Relations and Marketing Solutions and the Government Director of Communications in boosting/updating the disaster communications program and doing the job as companions with the college’s Emergency Administration team – and the over-all Chance, Security, and Protection staff – in employing the elements of the plan in the party of a critical event/crisis, as well as helping in the instruction of Communications, Marketing and advertising, & Community Relations workforce members to execute the program
• Displays, assembles and edits submissions for all internal communications (email messages, weekly newsletter, and so forth.), publishes and distributes internally. Maintains the tracking of and archives for inside higher education-vast communications
• Researches, writes and distributes news releases as requested. Maintains the media checklist for distribution of information releases. Will help the Vice President for Communications, Advertising, & Community Relations and the Govt Director of Communications to answer to media inquiries in a timely and helpful method
• Conceptualizes, writes and edits copy for printed and on-line supplies and publications for the university. Proofreads and also provides input relating to all written advertising and marketing communications during the inside acceptance process as requested
• Maintains, updates, and implements the Central Piedmont model guidebook (and lexicon guidebook) as desired
• Assures good use of Linked Press (AP) design and style when controlling the college’s design guideline. Monitors official faculty communications for accurate and consistent compliance with the standards of the college’s design and style tutorial (which is mostly centered on Related Push –AP – design and style)
• Might provide as marketing account representative for units inside the faculty by establishing and utilizing advertising plans and building projects for inner purchasers
• May build and distribute social media material as backup for Social Media Supervisor
• Monitors social media for issues/reviews about the faculty and replies as needed, as backup for Social Media Manager
• Proofs material for College Catalog task
• Posts things and manages info on college’s situations calendar
• Serves on committees as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, capabilities, qualities and qualities:
• Potential to publish well (and speedily) for a wide range of audiences, distilling elaborate data into consumable written content
• Information of efficient communication tactics and strategies
• Exceptional verbal and published communication expertise
• Capability to understand and perform with many media sources
• Skills in journalistic writing types
• Capacity to assess media performance
• Expertise of marketing rules and procedures
• Capacity to prioritize responsibilities and deal with time efficiently
• Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint – as properly as generally-approved internet accessibility, world-wide-web usability specifications, and multimedia layout criteria
Bachelor’s Diploma from a regionally accredited institution in Promoting, Interaction/Journalism or a connected field and/or 4 yrs of encounter in communications, advertising, inner / staff communications, characteristic producing, and/or social media. Know-how of and familiarity with AP Fashion.
• Supervisory expertise
• Sturdy writer and collaborative
A concluded Central Piedmont software ought to be completed on-line. For the duration of the on-line application course of action, candidates will be prompted to add or develop a protect letter and resume.
University transcripts (if required for the position) must be hooked up on-line in the “additional documents” segment of the software course of action.
Applicants that do not have an electronic duplicate of their transcripts, or obtain the digital copy is turned down on-line owing to the file measurement, might fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line software.
All programs ought to be gained in the Human Resources business by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be confirmed for thing to consider. Purposes of qualified candidates gained just after this day may well be thought of at the discretion of the choosing supervisor.
Situations of employment:
Pay out grade for this place is M. Wage for this position is $53,318 (entry) – $61,049 (25th percentile). Preliminary placement for new staff is typically at entry degree via 25% percentile. Contract type is Administrative. Potential to perform a adaptable routine, which may possibly consist of off-change hours, evening and weekend assignments may be expected of any situation.
All positions are subject to price range approval. Central Piedmont presents an great gains bundle to full-time workforce including Well being, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Lifetime Insurance coverage, Adaptable Investing Accounts, Schooling Positive aspects, Disability and more.
Recognize of Nondiscrimination
As a receiver of federal cash, Central Piedmont is expected to comply with Title IX of the Increased Instruction Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in academic plans or functions. Central Piedmont Neighborhood Faculty does not discriminate on the foundation of sex in its academic programs or activities, like in the context of admission or work.